Dog Ate Bamboo Stick

Dogs love to snack and have been known for eating just about anything! You may set some compelling tidbit down, and then your dog jumps quick and snarfs it down! Sometimes there’s not even a chance to holler “No!” before your dog swallows down his yummy treat! But what happens if a dog eats a kebab stick?

Has your dog eaten a kebab stick? Are you worried the kebab stick will make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We understand it can be scary when your dog eats something like this.

In this article, we’ll take a look at kebab sticks and whether or not they can make your dog sick. Let’s get started!

make sure they don’t become dehydrated

When they’re unwell, drinking water may help ease their discomfort. Having lots of water available also aids intestinal function. So, you may force them to defecate on the wooden skewer by giving them liquids. In addition, dehydration is another result that might aggravate activities and health if the consumption is accompanied by symptoms like vomiting.

When your dog eats something it shouldn’t, you may not realize it until symptoms appear. You should also wait for signs of illness before making a choice if you suspect your dog has eaten skewers. Keep a watchful check on your dog’s actions. There is a considerable risk that they may develop a blockage in their stomach if they exhibit symptoms like vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, inactivity, discomfort, etc.

And, it’s not uncommon for wooden skewers to shatter in their mouth. If that happens, they could choke or gag because it becomes lodged in their throat. Keep an eye out if they start having trouble breathing or swallowing water. You should get medical attention right once so that the wooden skewer may be removed from your body.

What Should You Do If Your Dog Ate a Wooden Skewer?

Home kitchens are full of equipment that deliver delicious meals. Also, with dogs around the house, they also become an object of worry. Canines love eating unusual stuff and wooden skewers are no different.

You probably just dump your wooden skewers in the trash after using them. It gives the perfect place for dogs to sniff and fulfill their naughty thirst for eating foreign objects.

Hence, if you find your dog eating or has eaten a wooden skewer, a few tips help them out their misery. Let’s have a look at them in detail:

If you know that dogs ate wooden skewers, the best way to bring it out would be through their bowel movements. Hence, to make the pieces inside the stomach soft and tender to pass through their poop, you can give appropriate food. Bread with canned wet foods helps build the fiber content in the body.

Once the dog gets more fiber, the passing stool becomes easy for dogs. The possibility of the wooden skewer coming out via the feces is also high when you try to give foods that induce bowel movements.

When to call Vet after my dog eating bamboo skewers?

Dog Ate Bamboo Stick

How long do you need to wait before declaring your dog safe after feeding him a barbecue cooked over a 4-inch bamboo skewer? A dog’s digestive system is designed to move food and other items through it rapidly (within a day), but there are a few spots where foreign materials may become “stuck” and cause distress. This is poor guidance. It may take some time for the stick to make its way through the body and perforate. Get your dog to the Vet ASAP if you suspect he or she swallowed a skewer.

A dog may readily break a stick into tiny splinters by crushing it. One or more splinters may penetrate the oral mucosa and spread infection throughout the head and neck, occasionally to the point of necessitating surgical removal.

Dogs can and do ingest wood, and they usually don’t have any issues afterward. You should keep an eye on both his behavior and his bowel movements. In between 24 and 48 hours, the snare should loosen up and disappear. The stick may be stuck if he has any of the following symptoms: vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, or extreme lethargy.


What if my dog eats bamboo?

For true Bambusoideae species of bamboo, it is non toxic to dogs, cats, and horses. Fun fact: Foliage of bamboo can contain up to 22% protein, so it’s even good for them!

What happens if a dog eats a wooden skewer?

Look for signs of obstruction, which include excessive vomiting, painful abdomen, severe lethargy and listlessness. If Peaches is going to pass this well she will most likely do so within the next 48-72 hrs, so monitor her feces well.

What happens if a dog swallows a piece of stick?

Sticks can’t be digested by dogs and may risk a blockage as well as damage to the mouth, teeth, gums, and digestive tract. If your dog just ate a stick, don’t panic. Unless they’re bleeding from the mouth or in distress it’s likely they’ll be fine. Keep a close eye on them and discourage them in future.

How do I know if my dog swallowed a stick?

Signs When a Dog Swallows a Foreign Object
  1. Pawing at mouth.
  2. Drooling.
  3. Choking or gagging.
  4. Licking the lips repeatedly.
  5. Refusal to eat.
  6. Vomiting.
  7. Lethargy or restlessness.
  8. Distended or painful abdomen.