Can watermelon give a dog diarrhea? Essential Tips

Ways to feed watermelon to your dog

Of course, you can always give your dog chunks of watermelon, but there are fun alternative ways to eat it. One method is to puree the watermelon and freeze it into ice cubes. You can give these to your dog to cool them off after playtime or on a hot day.

How to keep dogs cool: Tips to keep your pup cool in sweltering heat

Like any treat, watermelon should be given to your dog in moderation.

If your dog eats too much watermelon, it can cause diarrhea, constipation, or an upset stomach. It can even contribute to obesity and diabetes in the long term if eaten too often and at high volumes, according to Trupanion.

Treats, including watermelon, should only make up 10% of your pets diet, with the remaining 90% accounting for their regular vet-approved food.

Is it normal for dogs to eat poop? Understanding your pets behavior.

According to the American Kennel Club, dogs are able to enjoy the following fruits:

Can I Give My Dog Watermelon?A few slices of watermelon is actually a great way to cool down your canine—what a great thirst quencher in the summer time!

While dogs generally do not handle fruits as well as humans, if you go easy, this juicy melon can be digested without incident and even be beneficial.

Is Watermelon Good for Dogs?

Short answer, yes. Watermelon can provide a number of benefits for your dog. Watermelon contains vitamins and nutrients that are essential for your dog’s health. Like many fruits and vegetables, watermelon is rich in antioxidants, that help repair cell damage caused by day-to-day environmental stress.

Plus, since watermelon is mostly made of water, it is an excellent choice to help keep your pup hydrated and cool on a hot day.

Some of the nutrients watermelon might provide your pooch include:

My dog had diarrhea THIS Fixed it FAST!