If your dog has eaten an edible with any amount of THC, you need to contact a veterinarian as soon as possible. Dogs that have consumed THC can be susceptible to THC toxicity. The effects of THC that give the “high” feeling that is normal to humans may be fairly harmful to dogs.
What are the main varieties of edibles?
Edibles come in all kinds of forms. People use cannabis in an increasing variety of forms and foods as the demand for them rises continuously.
The most popular types of edibles are:
How long will my dog feel the effects?
In some cases, it may take a day or two for the symptoms to completely wear off. Realistically, however, it’s not very likely. If your dog ingests more than the recommended doses, the chance of full recovery is highly in your favor, with proper care.
Symptoms of Marijuana Toxicity in Your Dog
Here’s how you’ll know if your dog is experiencing marijuana toxicity. Some symptoms to look out for include:
What happens when a dog eats edibles?
“Depending on the amount of marijuana ingested, the impacts can range from restlessness and drooling to coma and death.” In the event that your fur baby ingests an edible that contains THC, your best line of defense is to take them to an emergency vet.
What happens if a dog eats a 20mg edible?
The most concerning symptom is vomiting because of the potential for aspiration. If your pet becomes disoriented or has difficulty repositioning his body, he’s more likely to aspirate his own vomit and choke. Vomiting after eating an edible means you should take your pet to the closest emergency clinic immediately.
What happens if my dog eats a 5mg edible?
Normally, your dog should recover within 12–24 hours. If they persist longer than that it may be due to the ingredients in the edible… such as chocolate and sugar. I was embarrassed and ashamed to admit to my vet that she got into an edible because the bottom line I was just an irresponsible pet owner.
Can a dog survive edibles?
Essentially any edible product, including cannabis gummies, can be toxic for dogs. Although vets say that edible products that contain chocolate and cannabis are the worst. Chocolate is also toxic to dogs.