Dog Ate Babybel Wax

Cheese is a delicacy all over the world. It comes in many forms like cheddar, mozzarella, provolone, brie, and many more. Each cheese has its own taste, smell, texture, and nutritional breakdown.

Babybel cheese is one of these unique cheese snacks. It is a small, round, firm cheese that comes in its own wax packaging.

While it’s true dogs can eat small amounts of some cheeses, is Babybel one of these?

Yes, dogs can eat Babybel cheese in moderation. The main concern is the fat and salt content. However, this is only a problem when dogs overeat. Otherwise, Babybel cheese is safe for dogs to eat. In addition, if your dog eats a small amount of Babybel wax, there shouldn’t be any harmful effects.

To determine if dogs can eat babybel cheese, we need to determine what can be found in this cheese.

Babybel is a natural cheese made from pasteurized cow’s milk. Its made the traditional way by using rennet and lactic acid bacteria.

Babybel cheese contains beneficial vitamins and minerals that can be healthy for a dog to eat.

It’s still not recommended that dogs with severe intolerance eat this cheese. This is because they may still experience digestive upset like diarrhea and vomiting.

So while it’s safe for dogs to eat Babyubel cheese, overconsumption can lead to health problems.

Also, as with any food, introduce this slowly to see how your dog responds to this cheese.

The Babybel maker has confirmed that the red wax is made of fully refined paraffin wax, considered non-toxic if accidentally eaten by your dog.

“While we do not recommend eating it, if a person or pet accidentally consumes the wax, there will be no harmful effects.” – Bel Brands.

The most significant danger is it can be a choking hazard if your dog tries to eat it.

If you notice your dog eating the wax, don’t panic. They will likely pass it through their system without any problems.

Babybel Cheese Wax & Dogs

The good news is the Babybel cheese wax isn’t toxic to dogs. However, it can cause some other problems if ingested by dogs.

For most dogs, eating one wax wrapper shouldn’t hurt them. However, if your dog is small, then the wrapper could pose a health hazard. The problem is the wax could form a blockage in the dog’s intestines.

If a dog has eaten a lot of Babybel cheese wax, the same thing could happen, whether your dog is small, medium, or large. The wax could cause an intestinal blockage, which is a very serious condition.

What is Babybel Cheese?

Babybel is a brand of snack cheese products, which are individually wrapped in wax. The products come in several different flavors, including mozzarella, gouda, cheddar, swiss, original, and light.

During our research, it was interesting to learn these cheeses have been around for a while! They were developed by Le Groupe Bel, located in the Jura part of France. The company was started by Jules Bel back in 1865!

Babybel cheeses are famous for their yummy flavors and for being easy to eat anywhere.

The cheese is individually wrapped in a coating of wax. On the Babybel site, the company says their wax is made of a blend of paraffin and microcrystalline waxes and coloring. The wax contains no bisphenol and is food-safe. It will not pose a health problem if accidentally ingested. This means the wax isn’t toxic.

However, could Babybel cheese wax make a dog sick?

What To Do If Your Dog Eats Babybel Wax

The best thing to do if your dog eats Babybel wax is to monitor him. You can check his feces over the next few days for any signs of red wax. If your dog develops problems, you’ll have to take him to the vet.


Is Babybel wax digestible?

If your dog ate babybel wax while it was trying to get to the cheese, you most likely don’t have anything to worry about. What is this? The wax wrapper is relatively small and unlikely to cause any blockages or choking, and the wax itself is non-toxic and approved by the FDA.

What happens if dog eats wax?

The wax we use to coat our products is made of a blend of paraffin and microcrystalline waxes and colouring, which specifically contains no Bisphenol A. It’s “food safe” and meets very strict regulatory standards. It poses no health risk if accidentally ingested.

Can you eat the red wax on Babybel cheese?

Wax candles are typically made from paraffin, beeswax, or soy. None of these materials tend to be poisonous to dogs. When ingested, they tend to soften and pass through the dog’s intestinal tract without issue. However, large pieces my cause an intestinal blockage.