Dog Ate Cooling Mat Gel

Is the gel in dog cooling mats toxic?

While the gel is non-toxic, we always recommend taking your pet to the veterinarian if they ingest any part of the Cool Pet Pad. In some cases, allergic reaction can occur which can affect the health of your pet. If your pet is prone to chewing, DO NOT leave it unattended with the Cool Pet Pad.

Do cooling gel pads for dogs work?

A cooling bed, with gel or water, will provide some additional heat relief. They work best when kept in a cool area and out of direct sunlight. Typically, it takes dogs a few days to discover the pad and get used to it.

What if my dog eats a silica gel packet?

If your pet has ingested silica gel, please contact your veterinarian or APCC for more information. APCC is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency—24 hours a day, 365 days a year.


Is cooling gel toxic to dogs?

Generally, these products are considered non-toxic. The cover is usually a wipe-clean plastic and the phase-changing mats usually contain a gel comprising of sodium sulphate, cellulose and water.

Is the gel in cooling pads toxic?

Its non-toxic gel stays 5-10 degrees cooler than room temperature, yet needs no refrigeration. Easily wipes clean. Take it anywhere!

What liquid is in a dog cooling mat?

Polyacrylamide is an acrylic resin and is used in water treatment and as water jelly crystals, which goes some way to explain why it is a suitable product for cooling mats as it absorbs liquid and forms a gel.

What is inside a cool mat?

A pet cooling mat is like a small water bed. It’s a mat filled with gel (or water). It has panels that contain the liquid and make it easy to fold up when not in use. On hot days you just open it out for your kitty or pooch to lie on and keep cool.