If youve got pesky pests around your home, you may be thinking about taking the sticky situation into your own hands and killing them with an insecticide. One of the pest control products you found is Raid, which kills ants, roaches, bed bugs, and flying insects.
While youd love to spray Raid Ant & Roach Killer or another one of their products around your home, you arent sure how your pet will react to it. You dont want to bring anything that could be toxic to them into your space.
Before using Raid, its best to discover how it could be harmful to your pet and what you could do to ensure your pet doesnt get hurt or have to go to the veterinarian for treatment.
Raid is not toxic to your dog or cat unless they ingest it. Some clear signs that your pet has ingested it and is now poisoned include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, coughing up blood, collapsing, a racing heart, strange behavior, and pale gums. Dont try to induce vomiting or give him treatment yourself. Instead, take him to the veterinarian immediately so he can get the proper medicine he needs to recover.
However, even if your dog or cat didnt ingest Raid, they may still be allergic to the ingredients in it. Contact with Raid could cause your pets skin to become irritated. If you notice your pet is scratching or has a rash, then call your veterinarian and ask what to do.
The active ingredients in Raid are Cypermethrin and Imiprothrin. Other ingredients include Ammonium Benzoate, Isobutane, Isopropanol, Petroleum Distillate, Propane, Sorbitan Oleate, water, and fragrance (in scented products). Ingredients in each Raid product will vary somewhat depending on the product type and scent.
What do you do if your dog licks bug spray?
Treatment of Insecticide Poisoning in Dogs
In cases where the insecticide was ingested, it will need to be flushed out of your dog’s stomach. In most cases, this can be accomplished by inducing vomiting and/or through emptying the bowels.
Raid Ant and Roach Killer spray is safe for use around children and pets when used as directed. Its effective, plant-based formula is made with essential oils, including lemongrass extract and pine tree derived geraniol. Raid Ant and Roach kills different types of ants, roaches, and other crawling and flying insects.
Raid is a common household insecticide.
It’s safe to use around humans, but how does it affect dogs? The short answer is: it depends on the type of insecticide, the amount, and the health of your dog.
The EPA classifies many active ingredients found in pesticides as low toxicity (they are considered less harmful than chemicals such as furans).
The EPA also recognizes that some strains of certain species are more susceptible than others – for example, dogs can be affected by poisonings while cats are not affected at all or only mildly affected by some poisons.
Generally, however, if you have an indoor cat or small dog that has been exposed to a large amount of Raid (such as through licking), vomiting may occur within an hour or two after exposure, and seizures may follow within 24 hours.
If this happens to call your veterinarian immediately because sometimes animals can recover from pesticide poisoning with veterinary treatment.
However, there is always risk involved when treating animals so see if there was any information printed on the label first before taking action!
Is bug spray toxic to dogs?
Most of the common bug sprays and mosquito repellents for people contain DEET, in varying concentrations. DEET can be very toxic for dogs, leading to vomiting, staggering, seizures, and other concerning problems.
Is Raid spray harmful to dogs?
What happens if my dog licks bug spray?
How long is raid toxic to dogs?
What happens if a dog drinks raid?