There are so many wonderful things about dog ownership — the fact that dogs can quickly fill yards with poop is not one of them. Cleaning the yard is tedious and may not be something that you always have time for, causing the poop to pile up.
Fortunately, there are a few options for dissolving dog poop. Instead of having to bend over and pick it up, you can simply eliminate it! Read on to learn more about these choices and decide which one would be the best for you.
Dog Poop Disposal System
A dog poop disposal system like the Doggie Dooley Waste Disposal System works effectively to dissolve poop, but you do have to collect it first. The poop is scooped into a waste system in the ground and dissolved with added pellets. It’s like a tiny septic tank just for dog poop.
Once the system is placed in the ground in an area with high-draining soil, it can break down the waste of two large dogs once a week. This option is more work than the others on this list, but it’s safe for the environment and non-toxic.Pros
There are products on the market today designed to dissolve dog poop, like Nature’s Pure Edge Yard Odor Eliminator. This product contains zeolite and activated charcoal to quickly reduce poop size up to 80%. Over time, the remaining 20% will dissolve slowly. While it’s working, it absorbs odors. It can also be used as odor control in areas of heavy urine saturation. In addition to lawns, it can be used on concrete, artificial turf, patios, and kennels. Sprinkling 3–4 tablespoons per square foot will be required to get odors under control and dissolve poop.Pros
If youre tired of all the smells and stains that come with pet parenting, you should check out the Hepper Advanced Bio-Enzyme Pet Stain & Odor Eliminator Spray. Okay, its our product, so we may be biased – but we love it so much, we just have to share it! It permanently removes even the very worst smells and stains, and we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Will vinegar dissolve dog poop?
It’s strange how many folks ask this question and I guess it relates to the fact that vinegar is harmless and very inexpensive. maybe it was on the news?
Vinegar is an acid with a high percentage of water (approx 95%) and contains no oxidizing compounds like bleach or peroxide, so it will make the stool more moisture-laden and will not break it down. Vinegar will make the dog poop last longer due to the increased moisture levels. It’s not great for the compost either and being liquid it won’t help sort out the problem.
How to make your own homemade Dog Waste product.
To make your own homemade pet waste dissolver you will need some good quality, Pure Sodium Bicarbonate and some Pure Peppermint Essential Oil.
Killing bacteria and removing moisture is required to make the feces dissolve. It is critical to only use quality ingredients as inferior ingredients will not kill all the bacteria and will not remove all the moisture to make the DIY dog poo eliminator.
We recommend the products below. These are a safe chemical to dissolve dog poop if you want to DIY. Use a pure product like this one
InstructionsPlace a handful of the Sodium Bicarbonate in a bowl and then simply add 15 drops of peppermint essential oil and stir to mix throughly. Be generous with the peppermint oil and only use a good quality as this helps significantly in killing the bacteria.
Apply and leave to start drying out as shown. Works naturally
Simply mix the ingredients in a bowl and then apply liberally to the doggie poop and it will break down over time. The mixture neutralizes dog poop on grass.
What can I spray on dog poop to dissolve?
How do you make homemade dog poop dissolve?
Gardening lime is the number-one option for dissolving dog poop because it works the fastest and most effectively. Gardening lime is a white powder sold at garden supply stores. Just sprinkle it over the poop, and within a few days, the poop will disintegrate.
Will baking soda dissolve dog poop?
Does dog poop eventually dissolve?