If you believe your dog has ingested Clorox, call your veterinarian, an emergency animal clinic or an animal poison control helpline as soon as possible for instructions. Unless instructed, do not induce vomiting. Sometimes vomiting may cause more harm.
Clorox Wipes & Dogs
To start with, your dog will not like the taste of the Clorox wipe. That’s a good thing! What’s more, one lick will probably not make your dog sick. That’s good news!
However, if your dog drinks more of the liquid or eats a bunch of wipes, it’s possible he could become sick.
For these reasons, it’s best to keep all disinfectant and cleaning products out of your dog’s reach. It’s also necessary to keep your dog away from any surfaces that you’ve wiped down with Clorox wipes. The surface will be safe for your fur baby only once it dries.
What are Clorox Wipes?
Clorox wipes are a cleaning product that works to disinfect all types of surfaces. They can kill E. coli, salmonella, and other bacteria and viruses. What’s more, the wipes work to prevent bacteria growth for up to 24 hours! Who knew?
When we hear the name “Clorox,” many of us think of Clorox bleach. However, Clorox wipes don’t contain bleach. Instead, their active ingredient is Alkyl C12-18 Dimethylbenzyl Ammonium Chloride. This is an antimicrobial substance that disinfects and sanitizes surfaces.
The wipes are very safe to use when used and stored correctly. However, what happens if a dog licks a Clorox wipe?
Can I wipe my dog with a Clorox wipe?
It’s probably not a good idea to use a disinfecting wipe, like a Clorox Wipe or a Lysol Wipe, on your dog’s paws. The same chemicals that do the disinfecting are harmful if ingested… like if the dog licks the paws after using that kind of wipe.
The exposure of bleach to your pet can be harmful; ultra-concentrated bleach can result in severe lesions on the skin, and in lesser cases, skin irritation. If your furry friend happens to ingest any of these products, toxicity could result in complications within the digestive and respiratory systems.
As we’ve mentioned before products such as bleach can cause permanent and even life-threatening damage to a pet’s skin or insides if swallowed. If you do use bleach, make sure that your dog never comes into contact with it in its concentrated form (same goes for any cleaning product that needs to be diluted).
What happens if a dog licks Clorox wipes?
Are Clorox wipes safe for dogs?
Are Clorox wipes toxic if ingested?
Are Clorox wipes toxic for animals?