Rescue Fly Trap Dog Ate

Call anytime to Speak with a Veterinarian or Medical Professional:

Calling this hotline is free to animal owners. There may be a brief waiting period, but a LIVE professional will answer your call.

The number provided is only free for US and Canadian consumers. Animal owners from other countries should consult with a veterinarian. If consumers outside the US or Canada call the above number, they may not be answered and if answered will be charged fees & costs by the hotline.

In our experience, animal contact with our products, including situations where our products have been swallowed by animals, are not serious enough to require veterinary intervention. Depending upon the product, the animal, and the amount consumed, digestion of our products may cause discomfort and, at times, vomiting and diarrhea. But the animal typically recovers quickly and fully. It is smart to continue to monitor the animal for several days to ensure they are okay, while keeping the animal comfortable and well hydrated. Nevertheless, we strongly encourage you to contact the free hotline if you have any concerns about your animal’s contact with RESCUE! products.

About the mechanism and effects of fly bait toxicity in companion animals, as well as the basics of treatment and prevention.

Apr 04, 2014 – 03:30 PM The Flies be Gone Fly Trap hangs from a tree or post. When it works properly, it captures thousands of flies. As long as the dogs cannot get to it, fumes or vapors will not effect them. If the dogs got to the Trap and ate it, it would probably make them sick from all the dead flies. The attractant used should not hurt animals. Ron


Are rescue fly traps poisonous to dogs?

A: The traps use a non-toxic mode of action and the ingredients inside the trap are not considered harmful to dogs.

What if a dog eats fly bait?

If you suspect or know that your dog or cat has eaten a poison bait, you must contact your nearest veterinarian IMMEDIATELY. Do not delay action or wait for your pet to exhibit symptoms.

Is Fly Trap bait poisonous?

It works for 12 weeks – sometimes even longer – and catches up to 20,000 flies. IMPORTANT – Place it about 10m (30ft) away from the area that you want to protect! The bait is non chemical and non toxic, which is as well as there are occasions when you dog might get hold of it. Not pleasant, but at least not poisonous.